Popular Posts

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 8

I cannot believe that is already October. I am ready for the leaves to change colors, the weather to cool off and pumpkins and all things Fall.

This week in the library 3rd, 4th and 5th grade are working on dictionary skills. I got the idea from Mrs. N the book bug and we did her dictionary relay race. Before doing the race we reviewed dictionary skills with a PowerPoint. We discussed the importance of guide words and also knowing that one word can be used in different ways.

Next week, I will be out on a trip, but when I return we are going to make Dictionary Dude's. I can't wait.

2nd grade- learning about the non-fiction section of our library. During November we are going to learn about non-fiction text features. My second graders have been very interested in the non-fiction section this year. They are always allowed to check out here but it seems they have finally noticed this section of my library.

1st grade-parts of a book (author, illustator, spine, title, illustrations, etc.) We made a book using paper, cardboard, tape and all the necessary supplies. It was so fun to see the kids be independent for their learning. They labeled all the parts themselves. Even one of the students drew the illustration for the cover because I am a terrible artist.

K5-How to choose a just right book

I cannot believe the first 9 weeks is almost over!!! I will be in Colorado next week celebrating my 5 year anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment