Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 7-Book Fair

This week was our book fair. We use Scholastic book fairs and they are incredible. I just wanted to give a few quick details about my book fair and how to survive.

1) Advertise your book fair at least 2 weeks in advance. Our school has a weekly newsletter. 2 weeks before I promote book fair by telling the theme and asking for volunteers. One week before I include the schedule of when classes will visit the book fair.

2) If having a Scholastic book fair use the fair files!!! I am not creative by any means. I use the fair files for everything! For my teacher baskets I used a pharaoh template and just typed in each teachers name. I use the template for the schedule of when classes come.

3) Decorate...make sure your space is inviting. I have found the cheapest way to do this is with balloons. They will last you all week! This year I bought a small helium tank and blew up balloons each day. I also had balloons that lasted all week though too. I think they are called mylar or something similar to that.

4) Make sure you have plenty of change on hand. This is so important. Our book fair kicks off with Grandparents Day. We have 5 registers this day. I have noticed more and more people using cc. However, I always have 2 rolls of each coin for each register.

5) Set a reasonable budget for your fair. I never spend over 250 dollars on decorating supplies or set up. Use supplies from previous years. I always fold up the tablecloths I purchase and keep the ribbon from the balloons.

6) Get some 3M tape!!! Our book fair in the fall is held in our gym. Do you remember the cinder block walls of college?? The only way my posters stay up is with 3M tape. Make sure you budget for this.

7) Complete your financial files quickly. I know at the end of a book fair all you want to do is collapse. If you complete your financial form quickly you don't have to stress and worry about it later.

8) Make sure you have plenty of volunteers! If you don't make sure to call and text to recruit more.

9) Have a goal in mind of how much you would like to make!

10) HAVE FUN and Sell Sell Sell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment