Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Great find...Nearpod App

Not only am I the librarian at our school I am also the technology director. This year with the generous help of our Parents' Club (PTA) we were able to purchase a class set of 10 Ipads. Luckily the largest class size we have is no more than 18 students. :-) I am very lucky!

The SmartBoard in my room is not in the best location. :-( If my students sit on the carpet for a presentation it is great. However, if I write on my SmartBoard and then the students have to go to desks and copy down answers or look back to the SmartBoard it doesnt' go well at all.

I have heard about NearPod at two conferences I have attended but never gotten the opportunity to actually use it with my students. *You must run it from a PC* it seems I have discovered!!! :-) I am going to do a presentation with my 5th graders doing using the app! They will be able to look at the Ipads and follow along with my presentation in the class. I control what slide they are looking at in my presentation so they can not get ahead of me at any time. I will let you know how it goes. Look for pictures coming soon of how we used this technology in the library this week!

I am so excited to try it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment