Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reading Children's Books....What is A Must?!

This summer I decided to read some of the books, I have seen my students read as a 3rd grade teacher. There are so many new series out. I read the Hunger Games when it first came out. I loved the entire series..but have not seen the movie. Now, I have several students wanting to read them. I am helping one of my former students...he will be in 6th grade next year with a project for the book. I had to refresh my memory so I am re reading it again.

I started the 39 clues seires today! I am in love! I think it would be great for 3rd and 4th graders. If they love Magic Tree House..I think they will love 39 clues. I love the library in the first book. I am wanting to make a book trailer for this book to introduce to my kids. What programs have you used for book trailers in the past? I feel like I need a step by step guide. I hope to get studnets hooked on this series.


I also pulled The Lost Hero to read this summer. I want to read a book every 2-3 days this summer that I think my students would also be interested in. I read the Lightening Thief series and loved it.

What are some must reads for you this summer or throughout the year? What are your kids loving right now, that I should add to my library?

No comments:

Post a Comment